Do you also miss the typical Austrian Kaiserschmarrn now that you can't go on winter sports? Here's a delicious Kaiserschmarrn recipe that you can easily make yourself.
For the ultimate atmosphere:
Pour a large mug of beer, put on your ski goggles and start the playlist from spotify.
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 2 eggs
- 120 gr. flower
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 60 gr. butter
- 250 ml milk
- Icing sugar for garnish
- Separate the eggs and mix the yolks with the sugar and a pinch of salt to a viscous mixture.
- Add the milk and flour to the mixture. Mix this with a mixer until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites stiff in a grease-free bowl and then carefully fold them into the batter.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter.
- Put half of the melted butter in a frying pan over low heat and add the batter. Put the lid on the pan and let it stand for about 2 minutes.
- Turn the “pancake” over and bake it for another 2 minutes with the lid on.
- Tear the pancake into irregular pieces with two forks, add the remaining melted butter and fry the Kaiserschmarrn for another 1 minute, stirring regularly.
Tip: Sprinkle some icing sugar over the Kaiserschmarrn and let it caramelize a bit with the butter…
- Serve the Kaiserschmarrn with icing sugar on top!
Also delicious with jam or applesauce.
Complete your apres ski party with Beer bread