Christmas cookies recipe
In daOffice we have set up a Christmas tree with homemade cookies in it. We had to bake cookies again in the meantime because the tree became a bit bare.
Because they were so tasty, we share the recipe here: (40 pieces)
- 525 grams of flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 375 gr real butter
- 260 gr granulated sugar
- protein of 1 egg
- mix of spices total 10 gr. (cardamom, ginger, cinnamon and cloves)
- Put on an apron because real bakers get dirty.
- Put on some Christmas music and sing while baking.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and mix in the granulated sugar and spices. Then you cut the butter into cubes and put them in the bowl as well. Using two knives, cut crosswise into the flour mixture until the butter pieces are very small. Separate the egg and add the egg white to the flour mixture. Quickly knead the mass with a cool hand into a cohesive dough. Form a ball of dough and wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 175 °C.
- Dust your work surface and rolling pin with flour and roll out the dough to a thickness of 5 mm. Use a mold or, for example, a glass to cut (Christmas) figures out of the dough. Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper (leave some space between the cookies). Bake the cookies in the middle of the oven for 15-20 minutes until light brown and done. Remove the baking tray from the oven and poke a hole in each cookie with a thick knitting needle or the back of a fork.
- Let the cookies cool for at least 30 minutes. (this takes some discipline) Run a ribbon through each cookie to hang them on the Christmas tree.
- Hang them in the tree, take a picture of them immediately because there is a good chance that your Christmas tree will be eaten bare in no time.